Information for Speakers
Important dates for your diary
Call for Papers submission deadline
Early Bird Registration cut-off date
Open Publish 2008 opens
Presentations should be:
- 40 mins. long (30 mins. talk time and 10 mins. Q&A time). Two 40 min sessions are presented consecutively in each room.
- Focused on technologies and solutions, NOT products or services. Please avoid marketing or promotional pitches!
- In MS PowerPoint, PDF or HTML.
- You may also wish to include a more formal paper in MS Word or any text format.
Tutorials are generally 3 hours or a half day long. Full day tutorials will also be considered. PCs will not be provided. The tutorial day is scheduled to run on April 23rd.
All tutorial presenters must forward a copy of their manuals and or handouts to us prior to April 11th for reproduction by Allette Systems.
All session rooms will include the following standard equipment:
- data projector and screen
- microphone (if applicable).
Please get in touch with us if you have any specific AV or equipment requirements.
Things to note:
- All speakers will receive a complimentary 2 day conference pass. Please note that
this only applies to one presenter per presentation and does NOT extend to tutorials.
A discounted speaker rate will be set up for additional authors/presenters. Speakers
wishing to attend any tutorials will be able to do so for a discounted fee of $200.
- Speakers may also request a free conference SESSION pass for a colleague.
- Speakers are required to REGISTER.
- Regrettably, we cannot offer to cover costs for travel or accommodation except
in exceptional circumstances.
- Please bring a backup of your presentation on CD or DVD even if you have your own laptop.
- Internet access will be available in the rooms.
- Please arrive at least 1 hour before you are scheduled to speak.
- Please come and collect your name badge from the front registration desk upon arrival.
- Two presentations are held every session moderated by a session chair.
You should make yourself known to the chairperson and be ready to take your
place for the first presentation of the session. All speakers are requested
to stay for the duration of their session.
- Running late? Please call to let us know that you're coming.
Tanya Bosse: 703-508-3662
- The conference management reserves the right to publish your presentation slides, notes and supporting materials on the conference website for delegates to download after the event.
For all speaker enquiries please contact:
Speakers' Coordinator Tanya Bosse